Newton Community Pride is a 501(c)3 organization that partners with the Mayor’s Office for Cultural Affairs to support Arts, Culture, Service and Beautification projects in Newton. The Newton Arts Calendar website has been generously created by Newton Community Pride as a convenience for Newton residents. There will be over 100 organizations, each with multiple events, participating in this calendar.
Newton Community Pride provides the Newton Arts Calendar web site as a complimentary service to the public.
Newton Community Pride is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is frequently updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, or up-to-date.
Although the Newton Arts Calendar Web site includes links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Web sites, Newton Community Pride is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained on these sites.
Links from the Newton Arts Calendar to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Newton Community Pride of the parties or their products and services. The information on the calendar of events does not constitute an endorsement by Newton Community Pride.
As users of the Newton Arts Calendar, you release Newton Community Pride from any and all liability relating to injuries that may occur during an activity, on location. You agree to hold Newton Community Pride entirely free from any and all liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of the cause.
This calendar is used by multiple organizations. Newton Community Pride is not in charge of these organizations so Newton Community Pride cannot be held responsible for the happenings at any of these events.
www.newtonartscalendar.org Is an interactive web-based site, totally free to users, organizations and artists that enables the Newton community to post, view and search for events of cultural and artistic interest. Newton organizations may also list any of their events that take place outside of Newton.
Non-Newton organizations planning an event for Newton may list that event; their listings for events not taking place in Newton, will not be accepted.
www.newtonartscalendar.org Listings are designed to announce one-time or special events for cultural and artistic programs; not regularly scheduled activities such as classes, meetings and rehearsals.
www.newtonartscalendar.org May be used to promote artistic and cultural events in Newton open to the general public sponsored by cultural and arts organizations, non-profit civic, social, charitable, fraternal or educational organizations or informal groups of individuals producing a cultural or artistic event. The Newton Arts Calendar may not be used to promote political or commercial events.
Listings will be limited to those abiding by the following:
- Only events will be listed on the calendar, not regularly scheduled classes or meetings. Events of Listing Organizations/individuals will be linked to their website for all ticket sales.
- All events must be open to the general public, not just to organization members.
- Listings for solicitations will not be accepted. Organization fundraisers may be accepted at the discretion of Newton Community Pride web committee if there is a cultural component.
- Exceptions to these Guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Newton Community Pride web committee.
- Submissions must be made on line and filled out entirely including description and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description may not be accepted for listing.
LISTING REVIEW AND PUBLISHING:
All submitted events may be reviewed by the Newton Community Pride web committee.
- The Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to decline/remove event submissions.
- Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity
The Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to limit the number of listings from any one organization and to reject any posting when deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or not in the public’s interest or in conflict with this policy or mission of Newton Community Pride.
Newton Community Pride web committee will not provide links to:
- Sites that are not generally consistent with the above-stated criteria, or the purpose of Newton Community Pride
- Candidate sites or sites advocating a position on ballot issues.
- Political organizations or Political Action Committees.
- Sites advocating or containing hate speech, discrimination, harassment or illegal activity.
- Sites that are or contain content that is obscene as defined by M.G.L. c. 272, § 31.
- Sites containing illegal materials, including, but not limited to, sites containing materials that violate federal copyright and trade mark or intellectual property laws.
It should be noted that this is not a complete list of sites to which Newton Community Pride will not provide links, and Newton Community Pride reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
Newton Community Pride is not responsible for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any off-site materials referenced or linked through the www.newtonartscalendar.org website. These links are provided solely for convenience and do not constitute Newton Community Pride’s endorsement of, or support for any web pages, sites, organization, products, policies, services or information on such sites. Newton Community Pride is not responsible for any materials stored on other websites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illegal materials found on other websites. Newton Community Pride has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on its website. However, Newton Community Pride recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error that is beyond Newton Community Pride’s control. Therefore, Newton Community Pride does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its website and is not liable for reliance on this information.