The office of Newton Cultural Development (NCD) is a department of Newton Parks, Recreation & Culture. We administer and support creative and cultural programming in Newton, MA. Alongside community collaborators, we operate as a presence for equal access to arts and culture throughout the City of Newton. The Newton Arts Calendar is administered by Newton Cultural Development as a complimentary service to the public.
NCD is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is frequently updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this web site is correct, complete, or up-to-date.
Although the Newton Arts Calendar web site includes links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including web sites, NCD is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained on these sites.
Links from the Newton Arts Calendar to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by NCD or the City of Newton of the parties or their products and services. The information on the calendar of events does not constitute an endorsement by NCD.
As users of the Newton Arts Calendar, you release NCD and The City of Newton from any and all liability relating to injuries that may occur during an activity, on location. You agree to hold the City of Newton entirely free from any and all liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of the cause.
This calendar is used by multiple organizations. NCD and the City of Newton is not in charge of these organizations so NCD and the City of Newton cannot be held responsible for the happenings at any of these events.
www.newtonartscalendar.org Is an interactive web-based site, totally free to users, organizations and artists that enables the Newton community to post, view and search for events of cultural and artistic interest. Newton organizations may also list any of their events that take place outside of Newton.
Non-Newton organizations planning an event within Newton city limits, may list that event; their listings for events not taking place in Newton, will not be accepted.
www.newtonartscalendar.org Listings are designed to announce one-time or special events for cultural and artistic programs; not regularly scheduled activities such as classes, meetings and rehearsals.
www.newtonartscalendar.org May be used to promote artistic and cultural events in Newton open to the general public sponsored by cultural and arts organizations, non-profit civic, social, charitable, fraternal or educational organizations or informal groups of individuals producing a cultural or artistic event. The Newton Arts Calendar may not be used to promote political or commercial events.
Listings will be limited to those abiding by the following:
- Only events will be listed on the calendar, not regularly scheduled classes or meetings. Events of Listing Organizations/individuals will be linked to their website for all ticket sales.
- All events must be open to the general public, not just to organization members.
- Listings for solicitations will not be accepted. Organization fundraisers may be accepted at the discretion of NCD web committee if there is a cultural component.
- Exceptions to these Guidelines may be made at the discretion of the NCD web committee.
- Submissions must be made on line and filled out entirely including description and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description may not be accepted for listing.
LISTING REVIEW AND PUBLISHING:
All submitted events may be reviewed by the NCD web committee.
- The NCD web committee reserves the right to decline/remove event submissions.
- NCD web committee reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
The NCD web committee reserves the right to limit the number of listings from any one organization and to reject any posting when deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or not in the public’s interest or in conflict with this policy or mission of NCD or the City of Newton.
NCD web committee will not provide links to:
- Sites that are not generally consistent with the above-stated criteria, or the purpose of NCD.
- Candidate sites or sites advocating a position on ballot issues.
- Political organizations or Political Action Committees.
- Sites advocating or containing hate speech, discrimination, harassment or illegal activity.
- Sites that are or contain content that is obscene as defined by M.G.L. c. 272, § 31.
- Sites containing illegal materials, including, but not limited to, sites containing materials that violate federal copyright and trade mark or intellectual property laws.
It should be noted that this is not a complete list of sites to which NCD will not provide links, and NCD reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
NCD is not responsible for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any off-site materials referenced or linked through the www.newtonartscalendar.org website. These links are provided solely for convenience and do not constitute NCD endorsement of, or support for any web pages, sites, organization, products, policies, services or information on such sites. NCD is not responsible for any materials stored on other websites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illegal materials found on other websites. NCD has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on its website. However, NCD recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error that is beyond their control. Therefore, NCD does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its website and is not liable for reliance on this information.
Email comments and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.