Newton Arts Calendar Guidelines:
The Newton Arts Calendar enables the Newton cultural community to post, view and search for events of cultural and artistic interest.
Non-Newton organizations planning an event for Newton may also list that event.
Listings from non-Newton organizations for events in other communities will not be accepted for listing.
Calendar Listings are designed to announce one-time or special events for cultural and artistic programs; not regularly scheduled activities such as classes, meetings and rehearsals.
The Newton Arts Calendar may be used to promote:
Artistic and cultural events in Newton open to the general public sponsored by non-profit cultural and arts organizations, non-profit civic, social, charitable, fraternal or educational organizations or informal groups of individuals producing a cultural or artistic event. Newton organizations planning events in other cities may list those events.
The Newton Arts Calendar may not be used to promote political or commercial events.
Listings will be limited to those abiding by the following Guidelines:
- Only events will be listed on the calendar, not regularly scheduled classes or meetings.
- All events must be open to the general public, not just to organization members.
- No solicitations will be accepted. Organization fundraisers may be accepted at the discretion of The Newton Community Pride web committee.
- Exceptions to these Guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Newton Community Pride web committee.
- Submissions must be made online and filled out entirely including description and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description will not be accepted for listing.
LISTING REVIEW AND PUBLISHING:
- Prior to posting, all submitted events will be reviewed by the Newton Community Pride web committee.
- The Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to decline/remove event submissions.
- Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
In submitting listings to the Calendar, please follow these simple Guidelines to ensure sufficient detail and consistency of style through the site:
- Event Title: Use initial caps and lower case throughout.
- Location: Include the address, building name and the room number
- Time: List the specific time of the event
- Event Contact: Include a contact person’s name, phone and email
- Website: List website where more details related to this event are available
- Description/Details: Limit information in this box to no more than two or three sentences.
- Photos: Please post only photos related to this event. The Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to refuse postings of any photos.
The Newton Community Pride web committee reserves the right to limit the number of listings from any one organization and to reject any posting when deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or not in the public’s interest or in conflict with this policy or mission of Newton Community Pride.